Founder and Principal | (he/him)
Daniel Lim is a queer social change maker of Chinese descent who was born in Myanmar and raised in an immigrant, working-class family in the unceded territory of the Canarsie-Lenape people in present day Brooklyn, New York. These identities and the respective positions of privilege and oppression that he occupies in his life shape his work as founder and principal of Daniel Lim Consulting, a social justice consulting, facilitation, and training firm that partners with organizations and communities to build regenerative and liberatory cultures. His practice is strongly rooted in the wisdom of living systems, teachings of Black- and indigenous-led liberation and sovereignty movements, and draws on the somatic healing and liberatory practices of his Chinese-indigenous heritage. Daniel’s biggest passion is to achieve collective liberation for all our relations and repair humanity’s relationship to the land and our more-than-human kin. He studied ecology, ecological design and community development at the University of Vermont (B.S. Natural Resources, McNair Scholar), and community-based planning, environmental justice, and disaster planning at Pratt Institute (M.S. City and Regional Planning). Daniel writes on Medium.
Partner With Us
We are always interested in partnering with independent consultants who share our mission to advance social justice and build regenerative and liberatory cultures.
Benefits of partnering with us:
- Our partner consultants work on the projects that interest them. We only enter into project-specific contractual relationships as a matter of equity. We do not impose nor do we ourselves enter into perpetual, exclusive relationships that constrain either party's right to work with other consultants or clients.
- We are open to contracting and subcontracting opportunities. We occasionally work on a no-contract basis on small projects.
- Our partner consultants retain their autonomy in when, where, and how they do their share of the work.
- We are open to compensation schemes based on hourly rates and revenue-sharing.
- If you are a subcontractor to us, you get to say that a particular client that we worked with together was also your client and you would co-own the work products we create together. We also request these same rights when we are the subcontractor to you.
Our preferences for partner consultants:
Given the nature of our work and the various strengths we already have on our team, we have a strong preference, but not a requirement, for consultants who have the following backgrounds:
- Consultants who identify as Black, indigenous, or person of color, LGBT/queer, gender non-binary, and/or disabled
- Consultants who have worked directly with low-income and communities of color
- Consultants who have done healing justice work
- Consultants who have done transformative justice and/or other types of conflict mediation work
Please reach out to us if:
- You have a project that you would like to work on together
- You want to become generally acquainted and offer your availability on future projects
Start a conversation with us at email@example.com.